Sunday, August 9, 2009

Invitation.

Hi friends.
A few months ago, I decided to start writing down my journey. Everything that I've gone through in the past few years, and everything that has happened in my heart through it all. The purpose? Mainly just something for myself... a way to discover and process and just remember all that God has done. One day I was writing about how I wish I would have been more open throughout everything, how I wish that I had let other people in on my journey as I was going through it all. I feel like by holding it in, by withholding the 'crappy' part of my story, I may have also been withholding a chance, an opportunity, for all of you to experience and fully know the beauty that has been emerging. If I had been more open throughout the dark seasons, I feel like others would have been able to participate in rejoicing in all that has happened because of it all. I'm sorry that I didn't let you all in on my journey through the valleys.

In recent months, as I've been writing and processing through all of this, I've started wondering... am I withholding again? What if I let others in on this process now, and give them a chance to see inside of my heart as I am processing through it all?

So, here I am. This blog is just a place where I'll be sharing some of my rambling thoughts about my journey thus far. This is a story that I never dreamed I would have, but it's a story that I'm learning to embrace. If you know me, you know I'm not the best at sharing my innermost thoughts and feelings... and it's a bit scary for me to write them here on a blog. To be honest, I feel a bit intimidated by how vulnerable this makes me.... BUT, I don't want to withhold my story any longer... so, if you would like to participate in this story, then this is an invitation for you to join me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a peek into your heart. I had tears reading this! You are one of the strongest women I know. You have such a huge heart for others, and God has blessed me with you. I can't wait to read more posts that your heart leads. I am PRAISING God for you! :)

    ps--I am LOVING that beauty quote by Angela Thomas!

    ReplyDelete